Who We Are
- We are energetic children learning how to fall in love with Jesus.
- We are teenagers putting their faith in action by working in a medical clinic in Nicaragua.
- We are college students discovering that Jesus is the answer to the toughest questions in life.
- We are a refugee family from Haiti, finding a place of grace and hope after so many years of desperation.
- We are parents trying to raise children to have eternal values that do not shift with every emerging media message.
- We are empty nesters enjoying successful careers who recognize that this world is temporary, and that something better awaits.
- We are seasoned citizens sharing a lifetime of wisdom with the generations to come.
- We are a family, diverse in age, race, nationality, income levels, marital status, and political preference.
What We Believe
We are a Bible believing, Christ-centered church. To write all of our beliefs would be to reproduce the Bible, word for word. We try to teach and practice only what we find in the Bible, nothing more, nothing less.
- the Bible is the inspired and complete word of God, and that it is the divine standard for every age and every life.
- there is one God in three persons; Father, Son, and Spirit.
- God created all that exists, and that He loves us more than we can ever imagine.
- Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on the cross, rose from the grave, and ascended into heaven. We believe that Jesus is coming again, but we have no idea when.
- the Holy Spirit is a person, is God, and shares all the qualities of divinity. We believe that God’s Spirit is active in the world, dwells within Christians, and exists to make us more like Jesus.
- we are saved by God’s grace, through faith, and not by our own works.
- baptism by immersion is a necessary response of faith to God’s free gift of grace. It is not a work that we do to earn God’s favor, but a work that God does for us.
- our best days as a church are the days that lie ahead.
Our hearts are focused on sharing the grace and truth of Jesus Christ
1. We will be outwardly focused at our inner core.
- We will invest in meaningful relationships with those who are not yet Christians to be living demonstrations of the grace and truth of Jesus. We will invite those with whom we have such relationships to come and see.
- Our ministries will be focused on support of our outreach goals.
- We will raise the level of prayer on behalf of those who are lost.
- We will place greater emphasis on help for the hurting in our community.
- We will be recognized in the community as a place where all are welcome.
2. We will create environments and experiences that make Jesus irresistible.
- We will practice hospitality both in our homes and as a church.
- Circles are better than rows.
- Our members will be engaged in authentic communities.
- We will be active in doing the things Jesus did.
3. We will be a united church.
- Each member will support our mission and vision.
- We will love one another with brotherly affection. We will outdo one another in showing honor. (Romans 12:10, ESV)
- We will promote healthy unity in our families and among our leaders.
4. We are maturing disciples who are maturing disciples.
- Each member will be assimilated into the body and connected to others.
- Each member will be equipped and empowered to use his/her spiritual gifts in service of the Lord.
- At every age level, we will be intentional in promoting spiritual maturity and knowledge.
- We will partner with families in raising a generation of spiritual giants.
- Elders, staff and ministry leaders will develop and mentor future spiritual leaders.
5. We will joyfully surrender our resources to carry out the goals of God’s mission.
- We will dedicate and use our own lives and families in service to the Lord.
- We will dedicate our personal finances and homes in service to the Lord.
- We dedicate our staff and facilities to the fulfillment of our mission.